Re: advisory board & announcement update

Bart Decrem <bart@eazel.com> writes:

> We are also working on a press release.  Assuming that all goes well
> this week and we are able to proceed as planned, we're going to announce
> the creation of the GNOME Foundation next Tuesday at a press conference
> at LWE.  We are planning on posting a draft of the press release on this
> list later this week, but I did want to let you know that one of the
> main 'messaging' points for the press conference and the press release
> will be that leading technology companies are joining the GNOME movement
> and that GNOME is poised to be the leading desktop environment for Linux
> and other Unix-like operating systems.  So, for example, we are planning
> to have representatives from each of the corporate advisory board
> members on stage at the press conference, along with GNOME hackers (it's
> going to be a crowded stage:).  Do let me know if you'll be at LWE and
> would like to be part of this announcement.

Hi guys,

I'll be at the press conference.

What about the other days, if I remember this correctly, we have

        Aug 15          press conference + maybe Sun makes party in
                        the evening
        Aug 16          _the_ big GNOME party

Is that right and is there anything on Aug 14 (which makes it worth coming
from San Francisco) and Aug 17 ?

> We are trying to keep this information somewhat confidential until the
> press release next Tuesday, so please do not disseminate this
> information.

Aehm, this is a somewhat public mailing list ....

(as I side note, should I change the way this list is archived so that you
need to be subscribed to it (while everybody can still join it) or should we
keep it open?)

--
Martin Baulig
martin@gnome.org (private)