Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

> I'd rather see companies working for inclusion than buying it.  I'm
> sensing a desire to compromise here from many of us, but $10K is not a
> compromise, it's an average.  $10K is still about $10K too high for my
> taste.

Beyond that, companies that pay a fee to be on the board may think that
GNOME "owes" them something in return, and then there's the pressure that
we may do something they want but we don't want because we've become so
dependent on their contributions.

Having a bunch of companies on an advisory board is great, but the bottom
line here is getting code into GNOME CVS, GPLed, and available to the
world. There is no better way of showing your support for GNOME, and then
we can be assured that it's genuine, rather than just shelling out $10-20k
a year.

Joe