Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

Owen, thanks for your feedback. You make many excellent points below.

Owen Taylor wrote:
- $10,000 or $20,000 doesn't seem to jibe with making the
  advisory board "open". These aren't huge amounts of
  money, but I think it is certainly large enough to act
  as a discouraging factor to some companies.

This is subject to change. However, as Bart pointed out, we had to arrive at
some number
in order to get funding from the companies that wish to join the Foundation.
Also, we have inserted a clause that allows the board to make exceptions (e.g.
start up Foo has no money right now, but some of its employees have been
active and valuable contributors to GNOME, and they want to create application
X that will build off.........) They could be allowed to join with out having
to pay any dues.