Press Event Invite, Version 2.0

Hello everyone:

Following is the revised invite that we would like to send out
MONDAY.  Could the folks at Helix Code verify that indeed you are
contributing part or all of your 12-12:45 timeslot?  If not please let us know.

We made the following requested changes from draft 1:

* Capped all occurrences of GNOME and will try to faithfully do so in future.
* Added Collab.Net.
* There was a series of emails regarding the opening line. Miguel suggested
we say On behalf of the GNOME project; Maciej suggested we stay with
Steering Committee.  I queried last nite for final word but have not heard
back from anyone else.

DRAFT 2

On behalf of the GNOME Steering Committee, you are cordially invited to a
press conference on August 15th at LinuxWorld. This event will be kicked
off by Miguel de Icaza, founder of the GNOME project and Helix Code. The
GNOME project provides a fully open sourced, free desktop environment for
Unix-like systems.

Miguel will be joined by senior executives from several leading firms,
including Collab.Net, Eazel, Red Hat and Sun Microsystems. These executives
will discuss plans for the evolution of the GNOME platform and the GNOME
organization. There will be ample time for Q&A.

Date/Time: August 15th from noon - 1:30 (Lunch will be provided) (WILL
MODIFY TIME BASED ON FINAL WORD)

Location: Room K, San Jose Convention Center

Please RSVP to this email, or call Kristen Jameson or me at 781-466-8282,
if you plan to attend.

We look forward to hearing from you,
Barb Heffner

CHEN PR, Inc.