Re: [fdn-ann] Re: Draft for review: press event invite

Bart Decrem <bart@eazel.com> writes:
> Excellent.  Thanks for resolving that.
>
> Did you guys decide whether to include the OpenOffice announcement and
> did you discuss the advisory board issue?

Yes, I'll try to summarize responses to the issues you brought up.

 - We want to announce something vague for OpenOffice that doesn't
   commit to any specific technical details. For example, "we will be
   integrating OpenOffice and GNOME Office into a single office
   suite." People are not willing to commit to technical specifics
   until we've seen code and talked to engineers. I guess this should
   be a press release separate from the foundation release; we would
   like to get a chance to see the OpenOffice release before it goes
   out.

 - No one was opposed to making the advisory board open, and we
   couldn't remember any mails from people who were opposed, so we
   think we should just open it to any company that's interested.

 - We had no opinion on whether to brief certain press members in
   advance of the press conference; we were happy to leave this up
   to the best judgment of the PR experts working on organizing
   the press conference. We can make sure people are available for
   interviews as necessary, there's no problem with that.

Havoc