Board of Directors Candidacy - Tobias Bernard

Name: Tobias Bernard
Email: tbernard gnome org
Corporate affiliation: Purism

Hi all,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the upcoming board elections.

I've been using GNOME for over a decade, and actively contributing on the design team since 2016. Over the
past 5 years I've worked on most new user-facing features and initiatives, such as the 2019 app icon redesign
and the GNOME 40 shell refresh. As part of my work for Purism I've also been heavily involved with porting
apps to mobile form factors, and improving our developer story in the process with Libhandy/Libadwaita.

I believe my deep involvement with many different parts of our product and various sub-communities within the
project would be an asset when it comes to communication with our developer community as well as the broader
public.

If elected I'd like to help improve communication both internally and externally, and work on outreach to
potential new contributors outside the traditional open source demographics. I have not served on a
non-profit board before, but I'm excited about learning everything necessary to be an effective board member.

Thanks,
Tobias