Board of Directors Candidacy - Shaun McCance

Name: Shaun McCance
Email: shaunm gnome org
Nick: shaunm
Affiliation: Red Hat

I'm announcing my candidacy for the GNOME Foundation board of
directors. I've been involved with GNOME since at least 2003, when I
became leader of the documentation team and maintainer of Yelp and
other documentation tools. I no longer lead the documentation team, but
I continue to be a semi-active contributor.

I've served four non-contiguous one-year terms on the board in the
past, including time as president and treasurer. I've had a few years
off, and I'd like the opportunity to return to doing board work. I
quite enjoy board work. I feel it's a way I can make an impact on the
project and the community, even if I don't write as much docs or code
as I used to.

I currently work for Red Hat in the Open Source Program Office. I'm a
community architect, helping to build user and contributor communities
around free and open source projects. It's given me the opportunity
to work with lots of different communities, but my favorite community
has always been GNOME.

Thanks for your consideration.

--
Shaun