Minutes of the Board Meeting of October, 27th, 2015

= Minutes for Tuesday, October 27th, 2015, 19:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, November 3th, 2015, 19:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Jeff F. T.
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Allan Day
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Andrea Veri (joined late)

== Regrets ==

 * Shaun McCance

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes
  * Kat looked over the paperwork and numbers again; still can't get the right numbers to match when we
calculate
  * 3.5% tax supposed to be somewhere but can't find mentions of that in the paperwork, or finding
conflicting info
  * ACTION: Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes

 * Trademark renewals: see Pam's mail from October 16th re the old vs new logo image
  * Old logo was trademarked as a temporary measure until the newer logo became commonly used
  * It also serves as a proof of prior art and seriousness in maintaining the mark
  * Should we renew the old logo now?
  * ACTION: Allan to get back to Pam and check if there is an option to proceed with an unregistered
trademark for the old GNOME foot that still protects the GNOME brand

 * Replacing Christian Hergert and choose a new vice-chairperson
  * Vice-president
   * Kat will take over vice-president duties for a few weeks until we have a full board again, then we'll
call a vote for the new vice-president

 * Sysadmin sponsorship brochure & pitch (feedback on the draft, coming up with perks)
  * We're running out of funds from the previous fundraising campaign launched to sponsor a part-time
Sysadmin position
  * Jeff prepared a draft and sent it to the Board:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/board-list/2015-March/msg00036.html
  * Needs finishing and some feedback from the Board to improve and finally launch it
  * ACTION: Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual
improvement to the sponsorship brochure itself

 * Conference sponsorship brochure
  * Not much back from the organising teams in the way of feedback
  * We need to make a final call on the fee levels, at the very least.
  * Generally agree platinum should be lower, since we haven't gotten any, but uneasy about increasing
bronze/silver levels for GUADEC
  * Kat will try to ask people at sponsoring companies what they think about numbers
  * ACTION: Allan will send an email to the mailing list to vote on numbers for the conference sponsorships
for 2016

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * ilovewhatido.eu trademark license agreement
  * It will last for two years
  * 10% of net receipts (profits) will be donated to the foundation
  * We should be sent a royalty report every 6 month by email
  * VOTE: Approve a trademark license agreement for ilovewhatido.eu
   * VOTE: +1 Allan, Kat, Jeff, Cosimo
    * VOTE PASSED
   * Contract wording should be reviewed as it could be improved

 * Status of the GNOME Infrastructure and Sysadmin funds
  * Andrea reported to the Board about the current status of the GNOME Infrastructure and the remaining
assigned funds to the sysadmin position
  * The GNOME Infrastructure has finally reached stability both in terms of reliability and uptime
  * No service disruptions since GNOME hired a system administrator
  * Sysadmin funds are however coming to an end after the Board assigned additional 5k USD from its budget
back in January 2015 (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-January/msg00001.html)
  * The Sysadmin sponsorship brochure original draft by Jeff is under Board's evaluation with higher priority

== Completed action items ==

 * Allan to reply to Michael about GIMP reimbursements
 * Rosanna will take a look at the receipts and take action where she can on the GIMP reimbursements
 * Allan will send out the proposed conference sponsorship amounts to the local teams and ask for matching
perks
 * Shaun will take a look early next week at Desktop Summit taxes (obsolete)
 * Jeff to continue the sponsors outreach & Annual Report shipping operation
  * Jeff will send annual report without sponsorship brochures as it will be at least two weeks before we
finalize sponsorship levels
 * Kat: trademark registration followup with Pam (completed, old)

== Pending action items ==
 * Allan will send an email to the mailing list to vote on numbers for the conference sponsorships for 2016
 * Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement
to the sponsorship brochure itself
  * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a
sysadmin
 * Allan to get back to Pam and check if there is an option to proceed with an unregistered trademark for the
old GNOME foot that still protects the GNOME brand
 * Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes
 * Allan to take the sponsorship brochure forward, through the Engagement Team
 * Allan to make the board should finalise the sponsorship levels and joint sponsorship discount, and email
the organising teams for comment
 * Allan: Ubuntu GNOME agreement follwup with Pam
 * Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
 * Allan: Hellotux agreement
 * Allan: License agreement with ilovewhatido
 * Sri, Christian: Privacy funds hackfest
 * Allan will follow up with Pam with the result of further discussion about the Ubuntu GNOME logo (include
GNOME Shell + Control Center in the agreement with an option for the Board to review)
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for
defence against Groupon
 * Christian to reach out to the ED Search committee and get some updates
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines
written down for future cases
 * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and
update the licensing page on the website
 * Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using
kanboard
 * Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork

--

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,