Minutes of the Board Meeting of October, 06th, 2015

= Minutes for Tuesday, October 6th, 2015, 19:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, October 13th, 2015, 19:00UTC

== Attending ==

 * Shaun McCance
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Allan Day
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Jeff F. T.

== Regrets ==

 * Andrea Veri

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * Status of Rosanna's salary increase and COLA paperwork
  * Very latest salary increase from 20k USD to 48k USD happened back in 2010 and took place when Rosanna 
switched to a full time position
  * The Board has decided to increase Rosanna's salary by 17%, vote happened during GUADEC's meeting 

 * Desktop Summit taxes
  * Still some numbers we haven't been able to verify
  * Kat and Rosanna to review again and get back to KDE

 * Heads up about Annual Report printing and shipping
  * The scope of people we're mailing the report to is wider this year compared to previous years
  * Print in Montréal and ship from there
   * Cheap printing
   * Cheap shipping
   * The report is laid out in A4 and most US printers can't handle that
  * Jeff estimates USD 1300 to print and ship
   * Around $700 of which is for printing, which is significantly less than the amounts we typically paid in 
years 2007, 2008, 2009
   * The $1300 figure is an upper limit estimate; might end up costing less, depending on shipping.
  * VOTE: allocate $1300 for printing and shipping. +1 Allan, Cosimo, Kat, Shaun, Jeff

 * GUADEC 2016
  * We have one bid from Karlsruhe
  * Ask to expand accommodation section to include some hotel suggestions for price range/proximity to other 
conference locations
  * Venue, preferably not the first one because of no food/etc options around
   * KIT would be fantastic if we could get it
   * Also to consider expo space for sponsors and registration
  * Scheduling: ask about
   * More tracks on two days instead of two tracks in three days
   * Could be balanced by adding more tracks if we don't want to drop the number of talks
   * Ask what our options are for number of tracks and days
   * More tracks also dilute focus/make it more chaotic
   * Let's discuss further after we hear about our options
  * Social events: there are many on the bid but could easily be dropped if budgeting requires
  * We need to establish sponsorship levels
   * It is good to find sponsors that also participate in GNOME.Asia sponsorship
   * Need to put together GNOME.Asia brochure and GUADEC brochure for sponsorship
    * If we can make it in time, let's send it out with the annual report to increase chance of sponsorship
    * Jeff, Shaun and Allan to help with the brochure
   * ACTION: Kat to invite GNOME.Asia and GUADEC teams to the next meeting to coordinate sponsorship brochure

  * Budget
   * Not many other categories we can add to the funding sources present on the bid
   * Need to start reaching out to companies ASAP so they can factor in their budget
   * ACTION: Shaun to review amounts that we typically charge our sponsors for GUADEC and GNOME.Asia, and 
need to come up with a proposal for this year before the next board meeeting
   * Video and live streaming expenses includes accommodation and transport for people to do this
   * Travel sponsorship helps bring ~50 attendees, so it's important
   * Social events were usually sponsored by companies, but in this case are part of the budget: could cut 
out if need to save money
   * Admin cost probably can't be reduced
   * Overall sum is in line with previous years and makes sense
   * Registration is still pay-what-you-want model, for moral and also legal reasons: fixed amounts would be 
considered registration fees rather than donations in Germany, which means we would be taxed as a corporate 
   * VOTE: accept Karlsruhe bid: +1 Kat, Cosimo, Shaun, Jeff. Allan abstained.

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * No GUADEC bids to happen from Lyon
  * Bastien Nocera contacted the Board mentioning the fact no GUADEC bids are going to be announced from the 
Lyon team

 * HELLOTUX trademark licence agreement
  * The agreement lasts for two years.
  * The licensor is required to send royalty reports by email, every six months.
  * Royalties are $3.5 per item.
  * VOTE: Approve the trademark license agreement with HELLOTUX
   * +1 Allan, Jeff, Andrea, Cosimo, Christian
   * VOTE PASSED and agreement sent back to the HELLOTUX representatives

== Completed actions ==

== Pending action items ==
 * Shaun to review amounts that we typically charge our sponsors for GUADEC and GNOME.Asia, and need to come 
up with a proposal for this year before the next board meeting
 * Kat to invite GNOME.Asia and GUADEC teams to the next meeting to coordinate sponsorship brochure
 * Trademark registration followup with Pam (Kat)
 * Ubuntu GNOME agreement follwup with Pam (Allan)
 * Waiting for Pam to draw up a proposal.
 * GNOME logo use by podiatrist (Shaun)
 * Hellotux agreement (Allan)
  * Agreement was voted for on the mailing list and has been sent out. We are now waiting for it to be signed 
and returned.
 * Logo usage for tshirts (Jeff)
 * License agreement with ilovewhatido (Allan)
 * Freedesktop hackfests with Groupon money (Kat)
 * Privacy funds hackfest (Sri, Christian)
 * Allan will follow up with Pam with the result of further discussion about the Ubuntu GNOME logo (include 
GNOME Shell + Control Center in the agreement with an option for the Board to review)
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for 
defence against Groupon
 * Christian to reach out to the ED Search committee and get some updates
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines 
written down for future cases
 * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and 
update the licensing page on the website
 * Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using 
 * Jeff to get advisory board contact details from Karen. If this fails, we need to start developing our own 
contacts and record them on the wiki.
 * Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]