Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Ekaterina Gerasimova

Name: Ekaterina Gerasimova (kittykat)
Affiliation: none

I have been a board member for a year now, having run in 2013 with an
aim to improve the processes involved in running the various areas of
the Foundation. I have succeeded in getting areas such as GUADEC, the
Travel Committee, and the Foundation accounting and tax returns
(unfortunately, most of this is private) on the right path, but there
is still a lot of work to be done.

I am currently working towards the Foundation being able to be more
transparent again with its finances, as it used to be. This will help
our sponsors and supporters see how we are using their donations to
further the goals of GNOME and will help the membership, especially
the volunteers, to keep contributing to the project. The board will
also need to keep making challenging decisions for the benefit of the
Foundation, to make sure that our spending is in areas that are of
most importance. I feel that I have done this well over the last year
and would like to be able to keep doing it. In the upcoming year, I
want to be able to offer our sponsors better value for their financial
support.

There is no quick fix for the current situation, so we need to
continue working hard at improving which includes involving the
membership more in the running of the Foundation. From a practical
point of view, I feel that I have a lot to bring to the board as I
have had some formal accounting training and have experience in
managing finances in corporate environments. I am the current
treasurer and intend to run for treasurer in the upcoming year.

All the best,
Kat