Minutes for the Board meeting of December 10th, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131210

= Minutes for Tuesday, December 10th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
  * Tuesday, January 7th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
  * Rosanna Yuen
  * Andreas Nilsson
  * Karen Sandler
  * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  * Emmanuele Bassi
  * Tobias Mueller
  * Ekaterina Gerasimova
  * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

=== Missing ===

  * Sriram Ramkrishna

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
  * Next meeting
   * Skip December 24th
   * Proposed date: January 7th
    * Karen is travelling for Linux Conf Au
   * Other days: December 31st, January 2nd

  * Status and plan for the security and privacy campaign's money
   * Karen talked to Jacob Applebaum
   * Jacob expressed interest in implementing Tor support in GNOME
    * Karen is connecting Jacob with Matthias Clasen from the release-team
   * We should also ask on foundation-list for ideas
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to reach out to foundation-list for ideas
from the foundation members regarding the privacy campaign funds

  * Implement a Foundation employee policy for COLA (Cost of Living
   * Still in progress and blocking on budget

  * Upcoming Hackfests
   * Portland hackfest
    * https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/Hackfests/WestCoastSummit2014
   * Documentation hackfest
    * https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/WinterDocs2014
    * ~$7500 requested by attendees
     * Travel costs are still fluctuating
    * '''VOTE''': Fund documentation hackfest for USD 6000: +1 Joanie,
Marina, Tobi, Emmanuele, Andreas; Kat abstains

  * State of the gnucash file/budget
   * Rosanna is reconstructing the file
    * Bank and website issues have been blocking updates
   * An updated version has been sent to Kat
   * Missing two adboard fees, we are chasing them

  * Outstanding reimbursements
   * Check if we have any outstanding reimbursements and what the
status is of those.
   * Kat checked with GIMP and all the reimbursements arrived
   * New request from GIMP is being processed
   * Reimbursement for Sindhu has been returned and Rosanna is going
to process it

  * General OPW update
   * 31 participants
   * Marina has started a document on the wiki for logging the OPW
coordination process and progress
   * GNOME
    * 3 interns
     * Documentation
     * Chinese Translation
     * Getting Things GNOME!
   * We managed to get enough funds raised even with last minute issues

  * GNOME Asia Summit update
   * May 24-25th
   * Beijing
   * Venue is not free, but low cost
   * May be co-located with OpenSUSE conference
   * Sent the sponsorship brochure

  * GUADEC 2014 update
   * A little behind schedule
   * Sponsorship brochure draft is progressing
    * Missing sponsorship levels
    * Learn from last year
    * Should be out early January
   * Should formalise the deadline for bids for GUADEC 2015

  * Upcoming Advisory Board
   * Agenda
    * Wayland update
    * New adboard members
    * GNOME.Asia dates and venue
    * OPW round
    * FOSDEM face to face meeting

  * Quick update on Behnam Esfahbod (volunteering) and Andrea Veri's
latest work for the foundation.
   * Andrea took down the World of GNOME forums due to massive amount of spam
   * Behnam started working, so he had to reduce volunteer time
   * Andrea's contract is coming up
    * We should check how much funds we still have from the sysadmin drive

  * Q&A/panel/presentation of the Board at FOSDEM
   * Organisers of the Cross-Desktop room expressed interest
   * To be discussed on the list
   * Deadline for submission is on Sunday

== Completed Actions ==
  * Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about the World of GNOME Forums
  * Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about handling the Pitivi funds
  * Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about the Upcoming
Adboard meeting
  * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace
the current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
  * Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal
  * Rosanna to check if the reimbursement for Sindhu has been returned
  * Marina to ask Behnam to (regularly) report on his state and work

== Pending action items ==
  * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
  * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
  * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors
that want a postcard
  * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
  * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
  * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
  * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
  * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
   * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
  * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
  * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
  * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
  * Karen to reach out to foundation-list for ideas from the
foundation members regarding the privacy campaign funds
  * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
  * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]