GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Ekaterina Gerasimova

Name: Ekaterina Gerasimova (kittykat)
Affiliation: none

I have experienced the difficulties that are encountered by our local teams when organising events and I agree with Joanie that the Foundation's processes need to become more efficient. These responsibilities need to be clarified and followed to reduce friction and improve collaboration within the GNOME community.

Our existing processes are missing defined fallbacks and resolution paths. When decisions become stuck or blocked on, opportunities fall through and the Foundation loses out when its members cannot attend conferences and hackfests.

However, fallbacks and resolution paths should be a last resort. For instance, GUADEC, our annual flagship conference, would benefit from more continuity and consistency. This will help organisers, attendees and supporters of GNOME events. My time as the GNOME Board liaison for the Desktop Summit 2010 in Berlin and helping out with the GNOME booth at events has given me an insight into the workings of events, which I want to use to improve the experience for the community.