GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Andreas Nilsson

Name: Andreas Nilsson
Affiliation: Red Hat

Designer based in Gothenburg, Sweden, involved in GNOME since 2005.
I am part of the Marketing Team, mainly hacking on our websites and putting together printing materials for conferences. I also contribute to the Design Team, filing design bugs and doing some UX design. I've been an OPW mentor 2 times already, and hopefully will be a 3rd time this summer.

I would like to run for the Board again. I've served two times previously, one time in 2010-2011 and the other one during the current term, 2012-2013. I currently hold the seat of President on the Board, making sure our meetings have a clear agenda and are run on time, in a productive way. In addition to that, I also conduct phone meetings with Karen Sandler, our ED, every two weeks. For the last two years, I've also put together our annual reports, an essential part of our communication with the Advisory Board and the community.

For this next term, I would like to focus on growing our contributor base, making sure the community has the resources to build a stronger product, and establishing new partnerships for doing amazing things together with them.
- Andreas