Minutes of the Board meeting of January 22, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130122

= Minutes for Meeting of  January 22th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, February 5th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

 * Bastien Nocera

=== Missing ===

 * Seif Lotfy

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Adboard meeting at FOSDEM
  * Good attendance: Red Hat, FSF, Debian, Google, SUSE (maybe),
Canonical (maybe)
  * Karen is planning the adboard dinner after the meeting
  * Agenda
   * User testing (with the design team attendance)
   * Travel/event sponsorship for adboard employees and volunteers for hackfests
    * Sponsorship package for hackfests and GUADEC

 * 2013 Budget
  * Shaun have published a rough budget for 2013.
  * Needs discussion
   * Planning ahead for changes in the revenue of the foundation
   * Budget for the worst case scenario of losing an advisory member fee
   * We should check some of the pending adboard fees that were never
paid, and eventually write them off with the help of the accountant
   * Individual donations are higher than other years
    * Campaigns help a lot
   * Can we reduce the banking fees?
   * Next steps
    * The board needs to vote to approve
    * Vote on the budget approval: +1 from Emmanuele, Joanie, Shaun,
Tobi, Andreas; missing votes: Bastien, Seif
    * '''ACTION''': Andreas to send a mail to board-list to get the
last two votes on the 2013 budget

 * Status of a11y proposals
  * Karen is still waiting for an answer from Mozilla

 * Sysadmin
  * Sysadmin hiring update
   * Andrea Veri has been selected for the part-time sysadmin position
   * Karen and Andrea are working on the contract
   * Karen asked Andrea to contact the sysadmin team (and the board)
with the list of actions he wants to work on beforehand
  * CiviCRM
   * Karen will look into hiring a contractor once we have Andrea
ready for this work on our end

 * Openhatch outreach idea
  * Karen has not yet heard back
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to follow up with Openhatch to check if they
are waiting for the board's feedback

 * Status of fiscal services for GIMP
  * Toy Wilber agreement state
  * Waiting to hear back from GIMP team

 * Joining the W3C update
  * Karen has been following up with the W3C to present the Foundation

 * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
  * Nobody has yet committed to an event, sponsored by SUSE at their
Nuremberg offices

 * Decisions about GUADEC 2012 Profits update
  * The Foundation has received the money from the local committee
  * The Board authorized a donation to the GPUL and GHANDALF for EUR 500 each

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Travel sponsorship unresolved(?): Emily and Joaquim for FOSDEM;
Tobi and Fabio for speaking at events
  * Vote for reimbursement for Tobi: +1 Andreas, Shaun, Joanie, Emmanuele
  * Emily was approved
  * Vote for travel sponsorship for Joaquim for FOSDEM: -1 Andreas,
Emmanuele; Joanie abstains; +1 Tobi
  * To be continued on the mailing list

== Recurring Items ==

 * Review past action items.
 * Did each person update their action items?
 * Approve and make sure that minutes of last meeting were published
to foundation-announce and foundation-list.
 * Make sure to use gobby server for better minute taking.

=== New Action Items ===
 * '''ACTION''': Andreas to send a mail to board-list to get the last
two votes on the 2013 budget
 * '''ACTION''': Karen to follow up with Openhatch to check if they
are waiting for the board's feedback

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas to update the employee handbook with the parental leave
policy (PRIVATE)
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if
they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Bastien and Karen to draft a call for bids and submit it to the
board list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Joanie will send an email to both GNOME and KDE board lists to get
us all together on the discussion for a desktop collaboration summit.
 * Joanie, Seif to go through the board-list archives to categorize
the types  of contacts and come up with the various areas
 * Joanie to work with the A11y team to write proposals for using the
Mozilla and FoG money
 * Joanie to discuss with Dario (drf) from KDE and Ryan Lortie to
formalize an agenda and a time frame for a Collaboration Summit
 * Joanie to communicate the decision of the board to the WebKitGTK+
hackfest organizers
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen to contact foundation-list to get feedback for CiviCRM
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to investigate alternative solutions for CiviCRM (security,
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]