Minutes of the Board Meeting - 2012-04-03

Wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20120403

= Minutes for Meeting of April 3 =

== Next Meeting ==

 April 17, 2012

== Attending ==

 * Bastien Nocera 
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Karen Sandler
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Stormy Peters
 * Germán Póo-Caamaño
 * Brian Cameron (Late)
 * Ryan Lortie (Late)

=== Regrets ===

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Process
   * Need to publish past minutes.
   * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele - To finish publish the minutes since February 7, 2012.

 * Budget and Annual Report
   * Shaun provided an updated budget on March 12.
   * Shaun said that the budget section of the Annual Report should be ready around the same time as the GUADEC and GNOME.Asia event brochures.

 * Events
   * The GNOME and Mono Festival of Love 2012.
     * David Nielsen asked for help with the visa.
     * David said Fluendo may be interested in sponsoring.
   * Hackfests
     * None currently planned.  Need to identify the next hackfests.
     * https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests

 * Friends of GNOME
   * This week: $12,760.
     * The banner got updated after the last meeting, but has not been updated with the new $12,760 number.
   * Two weeks ago: $10,631 - $9,369 to go!
   * Four weeks ago:$9,019 - $10,810 to go
   * Six weeks ago: $6,700 with $13,300 to go.
   * Should we stop the campaign before the target?
   * We are aiming for two campaigns per year.
   * Next campaign should be decided and driven by the marketing team.
   * '''ACTION''': Karen - To ask the marketing team about the end of the current Friends of GNOME campaign and to start planning the next one.

 * Rodney Halaquist asked about DejaVu licensing, should we respond?
   * '''ACTION''': Karen - To draft a response to Rodney's questions about DejaVu licensing.

 * Planet GNOME Policy
   * Anything further to do, any announcements?
   * Alberto, the PGO editor, wanted to leave Nat and Dave on the feed list because of the general interest.
   * Alberto retains editorial control, so he has the ultimate say on what the Board recommended.

== Completed Actions ==

== Status of action items ==

 * Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
 * Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
 * Bastien - To look into the toll-free US number for the conference call.
 * Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.  Taken over from Jorge.
 * Brian - Will take over organizing the GNOME Foundation IRC meetings.
 * Germán - Will continue the discussion with Frédéric about the Gitorious instance on gnome.org. Touched based with Frédéric on Sep 30, we will elaborate more on his proposal once he has more time.
 * Germán - To inform the local GUADEC 2010 organization the decision to make final payment to cover remaining costs.  Touched based with Reinount and Vincent.  There was a misunderstanding with respect to Koen & Sanne working hours, we need to discuss it again.  Everything is fine.
 * Germán - To get in touch with Daniel to work on the Annual Report.
 * Karen - Will follow up with CiviCRM contract.
   * After some tracking down of the status of the communications, cedwards sent email to get discussions with Claudian moving again.
 * Karen - Will follow up with !LojaGeek. 
   * Emailed, so far no response.
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - To contact GIMP, GStreamer, and PiTiVi to outline the board's thoughts about earmarked fund raising.
 * Karen - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC.  Transferred from Brian.
 * Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
 * Karen - To communicate with the GNOME.asia bidders for sponsorship.
 * Karen - Will put together a proposal on how we should update the bylaws to improve voting.
 * Karen - Will reach out to Mozilla to find advice about negotiating partnerships.
 * Karen - To write back to Xan/contact Duck Duck Go about the partnership offer.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - To pay Baptiste Mille-Mathias for the stickers to bring at FOSDEM. - DONE
 * Ryan - To help Alberto draft a public announcement regarding change in PGO editorial policy.
 * Ryan - To talk to the release-team about the external dependencies process.
 * Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
 * Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit. 
 * Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
 * Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
 * Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report
 * Shaun and Karen - To have a run-through over budget items.
 * Stormy - will send an email to GWOP interns to attend the Grace Hopper Conference.
 * Stormy - Take care of !GnuCash automation.  Taken over from Paul & Behdad.
 * Stormy - to ask LWN if they can automate it with gnome.org addresses
 * Stormy - To send an email to the GNOME.asia list for plans for next year.
 * Stormy - To create a wiki page on the accounts holders.

=== New Action Items ===

 * Emmanuele - To finish publish the minutes since February 7, 2012.
 * Karen - To ask the marketing team about the end of the current Friends of GNOME campaign and to start planning the next one.
 * Karen - To draft a response to Rodney's questions about DejaVu licensing.

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Events
   * GUADEC 2012 Planning - March 26th meeting.
     * https://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/GUADEC-2012-0326
   * Starting to plan for GNOME.Asia travel.
   * Call For Sponsors documents done:
     * GUADEC
       * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/guadec-list/2012-March/msg00019.html
     * GNOME.Asia
       * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/asia-summit-list/2012-March/msg00059.html

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]