Meeting Minutes Published - May 24th, 2011
- From: Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>
- To: foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: Meeting Minutes Published - May 24th, 2011
- Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 00:57:05 -0500
The meeting minutes for the May 24th GNOME Foundation board
meeting is now published. Refer here:
Other past board meetings are archived here:
-- text of the latest minutes follows --
Minutes for Meeting of May 24th, 2011
June 7th, 2011
* Andreas Nilsson
* Bastien Nocera
* Brian Cameron
* Emily Chen
* Germán Póo-Caamaño
* Rosanna Yuen
* Og Maciel
* Paul Cutler
* Review past action items.
* Did each person update their action items?
* Approve and make sure that minutes of last meeting were published to
foundation-announce and foundation-list.
* Make sure to use gobby server for better minute taking.
* Provide an updated budget for review that helps with plans.
== New Items ==
* Thanks to Red Hat for providing conference call services!
* ED Hiring next steps
* ACTION: Brian - Will call the lawyer to find status on ED hiring
and update the board.
* Desktop Summit Planning
* Andreas asked the organizers for information about the rooms that
will be used for the board and adboard meetings.
* Andreas - To verify meeting times for the Desktop Summit. That
August 9th is a good date for the board and AGM meetings and
August 10th for the Advisory Board meeting. Will confirm on
board list, then the advisory board list.
* Desktop Summit Visa Situation
* KDE will handle visa letters.
* IM, Contacts & Social Hackfest Plans
* Bastien is taking part in this event.
* One person may need travel sponsorship.
* ACTION: Bastien - To make sure that the "IM, Contacts & Social
Hackfest" gets added to http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests.
* Need To Build GUADEC Event Committee
* Currently has only 3 members: Brian Cameron, Emily Chen, and
* Two of these people are not based in Europe.
* Quarterly Report
* 2010 Q4 (October-December) Report done, but not included in fgo
* 2011 Q1 (January-March) Report Draft (unfinished)
* ACTION: Emily - To contact owners of the Quartery Report sections
and get the unfinished reports published, and get the 2011 Q2
* Emily is having ongoing discussions with COSCUP organizers about
sending GNOME speakers to COSCUP.
* Bastien recommends nominating a leader to deal with situations of
conflict within the GNOME community to help with technical issues,
like when patches are not accepted.
* Bastien - To put together a proposal for how technical issues
could be mediated within the community.
* Bank Update
* Currently in the middle of paperwork to handle the fraudulent
== Completed Actions ==
* Andreas - Will look into planet.gnome.org header to see if we can
add a link to see news.gnome.org. This will help more readers to
hopefully notice IRC meeting. Filed as bug #650977
* Andreas - Will follow up with Andrew Savory from LiMo to see if
relevant information from their GTK+ study can be made more public.
(will ping again). No reply for 6 months.
* Bastien - To sign and send the GTK+ / MeeGo contract back to Igalia.
* Bastien - Will try to find people who can consolidate the feedback
about the Texas Instruments Zoom2 device to provide back to Texas
* Germán - To have a draft Fiscal Year Budget in October for the board
to review. (It was sent on December to
== Status of action items ==
* Andreas - To ask Kat if she can reach out to the gnome-de gnome org
mailing list about finding local German volunteers to help with the
Desktop Summit 2011. (will ping again)
* Andreas - Will look into the possibility of a Desktop Summit design
where the facade is more neutral.
* Andreas - Will blog a Desktop Summit status report.
* Andreas - Will discuss with Ryan Lortie providing support contracts
* Bastien - To discuss the use of badges (a-la Creative Commons,
last.fm page colors, or PSN badges).
* Bastien - To talk to Olav Vitters about using bugzilla to track
Friends of GNOME post card sending.
* Bastien - To get _a_ WebOS/Palm contact from Lennart Poettering.
* Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration
in working directly with GNOME.
* Bastien - Will reach out to Dave Richards from the City of Largo to
plan for a hackfest there.
* Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if
they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
* Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
* Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
Taken over from Jorge.
* Brian - Will follow up with the lawyers to discuss what would be
involved to provide liability protection like what the Conservancy
provides and to see if they have any perspective about whether the
GNOME Foundation should allow GNOME projects to join Conservancy.
* Brian - Will touch base with the GIMP organizers to find out their
plans for the GIMP money.
* Brian & Og - To coordinate a fund raising meeting with the
GStreamer, a11y, GIMP, and Banshee teams. Will draft an agenda.
* Brian - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to
sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC.
* Emily - Will take care of handling funds from GNOME 3.0 Goodies.
* Emily - Update Tracking ID for 112 Launch Party Packages. Tracking
* Emily - Will contact the guadec-list and gugmeisters mailing lists
to encourage people to get involved with GUADEC 2012 planning.
* Germán - To discuss with GNOME Hispano about them handling GNOME
Foundation money in Euros (€).
* Germán - To track if the new method of boletos generates more or
less money from Brazil.
* Germán - Will assist with the GNOME 3 as a Foundation goal task and
to help in getting the GNOME 3 as a Foundation Goal survey topics
together. (Handing over to someone else).
* Og - Update the blog and planet to highlight that people are
expected to sign and follow the GNOME Code of Conduct.
* As per Paul's recommendation, I have emailed Vincent to ask him
what his idea is for doing this.
* Still have not heard back from Vincent Untz.
* Still on ToDo.
* Og - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for
* Still on ToDo.
* Paul - Will send an email to the foundation-list and the gnucash
list seeking someone to take over the GnuCash automation. Taken
over from Behdad Esfahbod.
* Paul - To start work on next 2011 Annual Report ASAP (due start
* Paul - Will work with Gil Forcada from guifi.net and gnome-marketing
to define the best way for organizations like guifi.net to
participate in the GNOME community. Not many replies from the
community. Diego Urrelo will draft something more concrete for
gnome-marketing to determine the best name and process for managing
this. There was a discussion on the mailing list and a few good
ideas, Diego will wrap them up and send them again for further
* Paul - Will follow-up with Board to read the Advisory Board fees for
small businesses proposal, ask for feedback and set a date to vote
* Paul - To review Justin's email about updating trademark agreements
and email the marketing team for feedback.
* Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
* Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into
* All board members - To review and comment Brian's April 14th
proposal regarding better organizing earmarked fundraising.
* Unowned - To find a way to automate the process of exporting results
from internal review process and email it to the board.
=== New Action Items ===
* Andreas - To verify meeting times for the Desktop Summit. That
August 9th is a good date for the board and AGM meetings and August
10th for the Advisory Board meeting. Will confirm on board list,
then the advisory board list.
* Bastien - To make sure that the "IM, Contacts & Social Hackfest"
gets added to http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests.
* Bastien - To put together a proposal for how technical issues could
be mediated within the community.
* Brian - Will call the lawyer to find status on ED hiring and update
* Emily - To contact owners of the Quarterly Report sections and get
the unfinished reports published, and get the 2011 Q2 report started.
* Emily - Send out a updated expense budget report after produced
GNOME 3 goodies. Will need to adjust after spending money to
deliver gifts for the GNOME 3 Party Best Photo winners.
== Discussed on the mailing list ==
* Desktop Summit - August 6 to 12 in Berlin, Germany.
* Program Announcement
* Determining dates/times for important meetings.
* The board approved allocating €30,000 for sponsor contributors
and keynote travel for the upcoming Desktop Summit.
* GStreamer Conference 2011 - October 24-25 in Prague, Czech Republic
* Guillaume Desmottes proposes an "IM, Contacts & Social" Hackfest
in June in Cambridge.
* Ongoing planning for the Hackfests/OpenHelp2011 event.
* Wrapping up the GNOME.Asia Summit event.
* Helping to find GNOME Speakers to participate at COSCUP
* Planning for Foundation IRC meeting on May 18th.
* Bastien wraps up the GTK+ / MeeGo contract.
* Emily proposes adding a "Users Group" section to the Quarterly
* Vincent Untz continues to work with The GNOME Foundation to make
GNOME 3.0 DVD's available for distribution.
* Emily proposes translating the Friends of GNOME page to Chinese.
* Bastien consolidated the feedback about the Texas Instruments
Zoom2 device and provided that feedback back to Texas Instruments.
* Og notified the board that he will not be able to attend the FISL
event in Brasil, and asked that his request to have travel costs
paid by the GNOME Foundation be removed from consideration.
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next