Resigning from the Board

Hi all,

I've been thinking a lot about what to do about my participation on
GNOME Foundation's Board of Directors in face of the fact that my wife
and I are expecting our first baby in February. After careful
consideration, I decided to resign. I want to be fully focused on my
family (especially in the first few months) without feeling bad for
doing Board stuff while I could be with my family or not doing Board
stuff while I'm spending time with my family.

So, considering my priorities now, I feel that I would be more useful
to the Board by stepping down and letting another person with a lot of
energy to take my position on Board for the rest of this mandate. The
Board has decided to appoint Jorge Castro to replace me. He's highly
motivated and I'm sure he'll give good contributions as a member of
the Board.

I've had a great time in my two and a half years on Foundation Board.
It was a great way to support the community in several ways and to
work with some very nice people. The GNOME Foundation is getting
better everyday and I feel very proud to be part of it.

Cheers!

--lucasr