Gran Canaria Desktop Summit Call for Participation

The Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, co-hosting GUADEC, the GNOME Conference, and Akademy, the KDE conference, invite you to participate in the inaugural Desktop Summit, from July 4th to July 10th 2009, in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain.

This year's conference represents the first time that Akademy and GUADEC will be co-hosted, the core theme of the conference is "the Free Software desktop". The GUADEC planners invite talks from developers on core technologies which enable new ground breaking functionality, application developers building cross-desktop applications for Linux, and GNOME visionaries plotting the future of the computing user interface. We also welcome presentations by people from GNOME related projects, users of GNOME technologies and from our partner projects.

We are asking for four types of submissions:
- 30 minutes presentations on GNOME topics
- 30 minutes presentations on cross-desktop topics
- 5 minutes lightning talks
- BOF and workgroup proposals

We invite people to submit abstracts for 30 minute presentations about GNOME or cross-desktop topics to guadec-papers gnome org, including your name, biographical information, and a photo suitable for the web, and a title and description of your presentation, of under 400 words.

We also welcome informal proposals for 5 minute lightening talks to be held on Saturday July 5th and proposals for BOFs and workgroups which will be held from Tuesday July 7th until Friday July 10th. Proposals for lightning talks and BOFs will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, in the limits of available space. Please send your proposals to guadec-papers gnome org.

The deadline for submissions is Friday April 10th, 2009.

Successful candidates will be selected and notified by the organizing committee by April 24th, 2009.

More information at http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/callforpapers