RE: Intel joins the GNOME Foundation's Advisory Board

>The GNOME Foundation is welcoming Intel as an Advisory Board member.
>This is part of Intel's increasing commitment to GNOME and to the
>free software desktop.
>
>We are delighted to have Intel on board: it will help us continue our
>bet of combining the passion of the GNOME community with the need for
>quality, stability and long term plans of big players who are
>increasingly interested and involved in free software development.
>
>With Intel joining, the Advisory Board member now consists of twelve
>established industry companies and projects. More informations on the
>Foundation's Advisory Board is available at:
>
>   http://foundation.gnome.org/about/
>

>Vincent

Thanks Vincent,

It has been a pleasure working with the GNOME community as part of
Intel's OSDL and LSB efforts, and I hope that being on the GNOME
Advisory Board will create an even more productive working relationship
between us and the GNOME community.

As you have observed, coming from a KDE background, it has at times been
a challenge for me to zero in on the right people in the GNOME community
to engage on matters of mutual interest. Our participation in the
Advisory Board should make that process far easier.

Through OSDL and LSB, bridging the gaps between industry leading Linux
desktop environments for the benefit of users and application developers
has been an important goal for us.  We very much appreciate the
opportunity work more closely with the GNOME community to realize that
goal.

I look forward to meeting with all of you next week at GUADEC.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman