Re: Mentoring for GNOME in Google Summer of Code

People have been asking whether projects not part of the official
GNOME release can be target of ideas/proposals.  The answer is
yes, and in fact we encourage new innovative applications to get
a hand from the Summer of Code program.  See the list of approved
projects from last year for example:

  http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2005

If you are a big project (like Inkscape for example) and willing
to handle the administration and paperwork, you may want to
participate as a separate organization.  That probably helps
getting more projects in total, and you will get the donation
yourself, but we will still be happy to cover your project in
GNOME if you decide not to separate.

behdad

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, it was written: