Subject: Candidacy - Leslie Proctor

 Name: Leslie Proctor
E-mail :   <mailto:lproctor aopr com> lproctor aopr com
Employer: Alexander Ogilvy Public Relations

 Hi, I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Gnome Foundation Board of
Directors.

 I oversaw the public relations efforts for the launch of GNOME in Feburary,
1999.  This included coordinating a press conference, writing and
distributing press materials and contacting media regarding the launch.  The
press conference drew more than 50 media and resulted in coverage for GNOME
in the New York Times, Wired, Newsweek, etc. I've also conducted media
relations for GNOME at LinuxWorld in August, 1999, the O'Reilly Open Source
conference in July, 1999 and on an ongoing basis, as needed.

 In addition, I coordinated the FSF/GNOME booths at LinuxWorld in March,
1999; August, 1999; February, 2000 and August, 2000 - always on a shoestring
budget.  Much of what I've done for GNOME has been very much in the
background, as all good pr people should be.

 My day job is at Alexander Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide - a top-tier,
international pr agency.  I work as a senior cross-agency resource
executive.  Basically that means that I work with a number of account teams
for Alexander Ogilvy PR, Ogilvy Public Relations and BWR Public Relations,
offering strategic insight and direction.  In a word, that means I answer a
lot of questions and have a fingers in a lot of pies.

 I can bring the most value to the GNOME Foundation in the areas of public
relations, conference participation, coordination of conferences, events,
etc., and marketing.