Re: List of Bitstream Vera derivates and compatibles

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, [utf-8] Danilo Šegan wrote:

wonder if there are others. I'm also looking for Vera/DejaVu-compatible (=
those having the same characteristics like base height and width) fonts
especially for scripts not based on ancient Greek alphabet. Thanks.

I'd add "font colour" to the list of characteristics which should
probably be compatible as well (a "subjective" measure of agreement
between stem-widths and font appearance when used in real text), if
I'm guessing correctly that you're looking for glyphs which can be
reused in DejaVu (or at least declared as "compatible" to be used
together in setting one single text).

Yes, I'm looking for fonts with Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and similar characters. I don't want them to be included into DejaVu fonts, because that would make DejaVu too big, I guess, but I would like to offer them as "standard" extension (in fact I was reading Wikipedia's article on Japan language last night and it would look better if I had some Japanese font).

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh