Re: List of Bitstream Vera derivates and compatibles

Hi Stepan,

Today at 18:16, Stepan Roh wrote:

> I want to put on dejavu.sf.net list of other Bistream Vera derivates. I
> know Olwen and Bepa (both are/will be merged into DejaVu fonts), but I

Bepa is already completely merged in (at least) DejaVu CVS.  There's
nothing in Bepa which is not already in DejaVu, and DejaVu has some
improvements, fixes, and better coverage :-)

But, you already know that ;-)

> wonder if there are others. I'm also looking for Vera/DejaVu-compatible (=
> those having the same characteristics like base height and width) fonts
> especially for scripts not based on ancient Greek alphabet. Thanks.

I'd add "font colour" to the list of characteristics which should
probably be compatible as well (a "subjective" measure of agreement
between stem-widths and font appearance when used in real text), if
I'm guessing correctly that you're looking for glyphs which can be
reused in DejaVu (or at least declared as "compatible" to be used
together in setting one single text).

Cheers,
Danilo