Re: isFixedPitch is 0 for Vera Mono

> The Bitstream Vera Mono faces all have the isFixedPitch value in the 'post'
> table set to 0. I think it should be 1 as these are monospaced fonts.

That's correct; I forwarded the same observation to the list a couple days ago. Some programs, at least under Windows, cannot identify the fonts as monospaced until isFixedPitch is set to 1.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/fonts/2003-February/msg00008.html

It's not just a problem with PuTTY, incidentally; my ATI TV tuner's caption decoder also requires a monospaced font, and wouldn't allow me to choose Vera Sans Mono until I manually set isFixedPitch to 1. This definitely needs to be fixed before the fonts go final.

-- codeman38