Missing glyph in Vera

Hello,

After wondering for months why the default font for users choosing the
Catalan language in GDM was an ugly FreeMono monospaced font, keithp
pointed out that fontconfig discards Bitstraem Vera because it's missing
a glyph for Catalan.

The offending character is "ˇ", used in common desktop words like
"Cancel" "Cancelˇla". It's UTF U+013f/U+0140, according to Keith.
Providing the mdidle-dot alone would be ok too.

What are the chances of seeing this glyph supported in newer versions of
Bitstream Vera? Am I directing this wishlist bug report to the correct
place, anyway? :)

FWIW, Welsh folks are also seeing the ugly font as they are missing a
pair of glyphs for their language too (W with grave, acute and diaersis).
Daf should be able to provide more info, I guess. :)

Thanks,
Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/