Re: Mozilla pegs CPU and hangs on certain pages when Vera is used

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 10:59, Jim Gettys hp com wrote:
> I don't see this problem on my mozilla (1.3b, gtk2 build): I can visit
> the W3C web page fine.  So something stinks in Denmark, but I'm not
> very suspicious of Vera so far.

I'm in agreement, especially since I have now been able to reproduce the
problem with other fonts.  It does seem that there is some interaction
between the fonts I have chosen as defaults and the particular page that
is being rendered.  Certain font-page combinations trigger the problem
every time.

> Well, you've not given enough information to have much of a clue,
> without freetype/fontconfig/xft versions, etc.

Freetype is 2.1.4.
Fontconfig is the "2.0-3" that Red Hat ships with RHL 8.0,
  but "fc-cache -V" reports 1.0.1.  Red Hat follows the
  practice of back-porting improvements from later versions,
  so who knows what that 1.0.1 really means in terms of
  official fontconfig releases.
Xft is 2.0, again according to the RPM version.

Cheers,
Tom