Gee update and next release

Hi everyone,

I keeping with the spirit of keeping folks building in jhbuild by
default, I've committed ad77950c7a6. It makes it so Folks builds against
both the 0.8.3 release and the Gee 0.8.x branch master. Since it adds
some casting that will be unnecessary once 0.8.4 is out, I recommend we
wait until that release (which should be soon), revert this commit, then
do our own release.

Does anyone have reservations about me doing a release then (probably
within the next few days)?

Also, Philip, is there a reason we've moved on to 0.9.x?

Thanks,
-Travis