ANNOUNCE: folks 0.9.5

libfolks 0.9.5 is now available from:

  http://download.gnome.org/sources/libfolks/0.9/

932439839b0492c5f8b2357417393a29cbedf0dd6ccee0c8a4003ef7f2ba70f5
folks-0.9.5.news
fb9123e06ff46e7d658e04d4d398b606ceebe35404f9c0abc211625ec755bbe0
folks-0.9.5.changes
924c440f16a8c9b0d0d832588fa77a1553fa2a5d2659c4c7d3178a7ef42222af
folks-0.9.5.tar.xz

libfolks 0.9.5 — Plan B is a dance routine!

Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a number of backends,
including Telepathy, evolution-data-server, libsocialweb, Tracker, and
a simple key-file backend.

The 0.9.x unstable series corresponds to GNOME 3.10, leading up to a
0.10.x stable series in the near future. We will continue to maintain
API and ABI stability for the foreseeable future, with the intention of
having 0.9.x API compatible back through 0.6.x. We will make an
announcement when we officially commit to API/ABI stability for the
project as a whole.

See the NEWS file for details on every break we made before 0.6.0. In
future releases, we will have example programs that will be kept
up-to-date with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
https://live.gnome.org/Folks

Reference documentation is available here:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-eds/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-libsocialweb/
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/folks-telepathy/

About libgdata
==============

libgdata is a GLib-based library for accessing online service APIs using
the GData protocol — most notably, Google's services. It provides APIs
to access the common Google services, and has full asynchronous support.

Overview of changes from libfolks 0.9.4 to libfolks 0.9.5

Major changes:
• Multiple IndividualAggregator instances are now not officially
  supported.
  Clients should use the new IndividualAggregator.dup constructor to
  retrieve the default aggregator singleton. The default
  IndividualAggregator constructor and
  IndividualAggregator.with_backend_store are now deprecated.

Bugs fixed:
• Bug 705289 — Crash when removing an individual with 2 aggregators
  instantiated
• Bug 706532 — folks_small_set_copy() does not always return value

API changes:
• Add IndividualAggregator.dup constructor
• Add IndividualAggregator.dup_with_backend_store constructor

Dependencies

libfolks depends upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as libgee 0.8.x.

The Tracker backend requires a recent version of Tracker, built to
include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact