Re: F-Spot package for Ubuntu 20.04

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 16:37:26 +0100
Christopher Hoskin via f-spot-list <f-spot-list gnome org> wrote:

Anyone still on this list might be interested to know that I have
updated my Ubuntu 18.04 F-Spot package so that it builds, installs and
runs on Ubuntu 20.04:

https://launchpad.net/~christopher-hoskin/+archive/ubuntu/f-spot?field.series_filter=focal

Please be aware that this has received only superficial testing by me,
and that it pulls in forward ports of packages of old software which
are no longer maintained by Debian or Ubuntu, and therefore may
contain bugs, incompatibilities or security issues.

Please ensure that you have backed up your F-Spot database (usually
~/.config/f-spot) before attempting to install this package.

To add the PPA to your system and install:

```
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:christopher-hoskin/f-spot
sudo apt update
sudo apt install f-spot
```

Thanks a lot for your work. I really appreciate it and I don't think
I'm the only one. I was delaying my upgrade to ubuntu 20.04 for fear of
losing f-spot once again.

I will test it and keep you posted if I encounter some problems.

ALexis.