Re: Any package available ?

Hi Alexis:

I've the same issue.

For now, I have a Virtual Machine (Virtual Box) with Ubuntu 16.04. To install f-spot on Ubuntu 16.04 you must add the christopher-hoskin PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:christopher-hoskin/f-spot
sudo apt-get update

With Virtual Box you can share directories between the main host and the VM, so, you can access the photos directory on your main host from VM. For the f-spot database, it is better to place the DB on the VM disk: this is the default. I've problems sharing the f-spot DB with the main host...

They are a know problem with f-spot on new Ubuntu versions: f-spot crashes whent trying to export photos. To solve this issue, before launching f-spot, you must execute:

sudo dconf write /com/canonical/unity-gtk-module/blacklist "['f-spot']"

The same ppa includes f-spot for Ubuntu 17.04, but I never tested it...

Hope this helps.

Josep

El 17/05/18 a les 11:46, Alexis Guillaume ha escrit:
Hello everyone,

I've recently installed ubuntu 17.10 from scratch, only to realise that
it didn't provide f-spot any more. Until then I had managed to keep
f-spot installed by just upgrading my distro.

What is the recommended way to install f-spot on a recent distro ?
(FYI, I now run ubuntu 18.04).

Thanks,
Alexis.