Re: Status of f-spot? Any hope for a release?

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Jack <ostroffjh users sourceforge net> wrote:
With the recent message from the github about an open issue, I realized that this list has been particularly quiet for quite a while.  I know there has been some ongoing work, and would like to ask again if there are any thoughts of aiming for releasing a version of f-spot, even if it is designated beta or rc.  I've made a number of attempts to migrate to other applications, but still prefer to stick with f-spot.   Despite the crash reported on github, the latest git head version works fine for me.  (Yes, with occasional crashes, but not on startup, and not consistent enough to report.)

Once there is a working release, I suspect many of the bugs at bugs.gnome.org can be closed as unsupported, as (at least as far as I can tell) the code base has changed quite a bit over the past years.  Also, once there is a release that will hopefully get taken up and released by multiple Linux distributions, that might be leveraged into not only a larger user base, but possibly also additional developer resources.

Any interest?

Jack

I'd still like to get a release out sooner than later. I decided to start a master's program this fall and it has killed all of my time and then some sadly. I have a final next week. Once I get that out of the way I'd like to spend a little bit of time on this during the Christmas break.

Cheers,
Stephen