Re: Reg. compiling f-spot from Git master

On 2013.05.11 16:52, Sindhu S wrote:
Hi!

The post I linked to
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2012-October/msg00001.html
talks about gtk-sharp2-complete. that is the package am unable to find for
Fedora (although it exists for OpenSuse).

Thanks.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM, Jack <ostroffjh sbcglobal net> wrote:

> On 2013.05.11 16:35, Sindhu S wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to build f-spot from git master and I get this error:
>> .
>> FSpot.Widgets/OpenWithMenu.cs(**37,7): error CS0246: The type or
>> namespace
>> name `GtkBeans' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or
>> an
>> assembly reference?
>> FSpot.Widgets/BuilderWindow.**cs(30,7): error CS0246: The type or
>> namespace
>> name `GtkBeans' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or
>> an
>> assembly reference?
>> FSpot.Gui/WindowOpacityFader.**cs(32,13): error CS0234: The type or
>> namespace
>> name `Bling' does not exist in the namespace `FSpot'. Are you missing an
>> assembly reference?
>> make: *** [sln_build] Error 1
>>
>> I am running Fedora 18
>> I have done a yum-builddep f-spot
>> In addition got deps spoken about here
>> https://mail.gnome.org/**archives/f-spot-list/2012-**
>> October/msg00001.html<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2012-October/msg00001.html>
>>
>> Except that I could not find gtk-sharp2-complete for Fedora 18, there
>> doesn't seem to be an RPM of that name.
>>
>> The one thing of exception i have done is f-spot complained of not having >> taglib-sharp-2.0.4 and hence I got in the tarball and tried to compile it
>> but the compiler was saying something in examples directory was not
>> compiling so i removed the examples directory from the makefiles and >> compiled. pkg-config successfully showed the new taglib-sharp-2.0.4 version
>> available on the system and then f-spot moved on to do ./autogen.sh
>>
>> I'd like to contribute to f-spot (docs and codewise) and hence the effort
>> to compile it from git master.
>>
>> -Sindhu
>> http://live.gnome.org/sindhus
>>

> In Gentoo, I see a gtk-sharp-beans package (GTK+ API C# binding) so you
> might look for other gtk-sharp2-??? RPMs.

Different distros use different package names, and even package things differently. That name implies that in that version of open-suse, they did a complete package of the gtk-sharp stuff, and named it accordingly. Fedora apparently does something different. That is why I suggested looking for any other gtk-sharp-* or gtk-sharp2-* packages. You might need more than one of them to actually get everything you need. Do you have the gtk-sharp2 RPM? Google is your friend, and there are lots of RPM search sites.