Re: bug reports

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont googlemail com> wrote:
> I have been testing f-spot on debian unstable in chroot and on ubuntu
>
> Debian :
> which is is similar to this (2011)
>
> Launchpad :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f-spot/+bug/1053529
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f-spot/+bug/1052889
>
> Also as I reported before I cannot build from git using only debian packages
> it seems that it needs 4 other packages also from git to build
> monodevelop produces a good error message.
>
> Another problem is that the sln file is missing from the debian sources,
> how can I debug the debian built binaries, is there a command line
> debugger for debian?
> thanks
> mike

Hi, thanks for testing f-spot.  Every bit helps.  I'm probably won't
have time this weekend to look closely at these bugs, but I'll see
what I can do.  If not probably next week.

As for building from git, there are several packages that are needed,
and the configure stuff needs to be updated.  When I tested this on my
ubuntu 12.04 VM I was able to build it with just what was in the
ubuntu repositories.

I didn't do anything with debian packages, so I'm not sure why its not
there.  I've changed enough though, that I recommend only working with
git master.  I'd like to get some more testing in on that and slowly
get it ready for at least a tag if not a release also.

If you are on irc (sshaw), I can probably help you get through the git
master build faster than over email.  I'll leave that up to you.

Thanks!
Stephen Shaw