Re: Tags questions

Hello Jack.

On 07/07/2012 06:09 PM, Jack wrote:
First, is there any way (within the program) to remove the image/icon from ALL tags at once, instead of doing it one at a time? Otherwise, can someone confirm it could be done by an appropriate sql update in the database.

From what I can see it does not seem possible. You could do it by an appropriate SQL update in the photos.db. I would recommend: 1) take a backup of your photos.db before doing anything else. You never know... 2) do a "UPDATE tags SET icon=null WHERE category_id <> 0;" (Basically, category_id is the parent category. a Parent equal to "0" means you have a top-level tag (such as the system ones). commit.

That should take care of things.

Second, it seems in the main display, that if a tag does not have an icon, then the icon of it's parent is displayed under any photo with that tag. However, if none of the parents, up to the root, have an icon, then no icon at all is displayed, so you can't quickly tell if a photo has any tags. Is the easiest (and only?) way to deal with this to simply assign some icon to the top level tag?

I would just hit "T" on the keyboard to display the attached tags in "full text mode" at the bottom of the window. It displays the common tags attached to all pictures in your selection. If you have only selected one picture or are viewing only one picture, it displays all its tags.

Hope that helps,

Matthieu

Thanks.

Jack