Re: logical operators(and, or, nor, ...) for searching photos by combining tags in the "find bar"

daniel, 2011-12-05 14:56:08 +0100 :

> At the moment, when searching for photos by multiple tags, the
> searches of the single tags are combined by "or".

If you drag the second tag on top of the first one, they get grouped
into an "and" clause.

> This works all right in the "include" case, but in the "exclude" case
> I guess it should be "and" by default.
> Meaning that if I look for a photo of an animal that is neither cat
> nor dog, intuitively I would place the the tag "dog" and "cat" in the
> find bar and set them both to exclude. But now this just gives my all
> my photos, except of those showing a cat and a dog together. in other
> words: my holiday in Spain and the photos of last Christmas!
> So the >> "not cat" or "not dog" << should be changed to >> "not cat"
> and "not dog" <<.

  The "and" combination also works with negated tags, so you can do
"!cat and !dog".  In your case, I guess I would even create a search for
"animal and !cat and !dog", assuming you have an "animal" tag (of which
"cat" and "dog" would be subtags).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas