Re: Fix for sending pictures with Thunderbird?

On 07/01/11 01:06 PM, Pat Suwalski wrote:
My /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command is:

/usr/lib/icedove-3.0/icedove-3.0 "%s"

Clearly, this doesn't match, so it always falls through. While a little
gross, would it make sense to alter this block to look for substrings
instead? Ideally, the beginning substring "thunderbird" of basename of
the configuration string?

Update: I used the gnome control centre "Preferred Applications" to set icedove, and it reverted to "icedove %s".

However, whenever IceDove _itself_ sets the mailto handler, it reverts to the full path of the binary. It does this automatically on every new version upgrade. Obviously, an out-of-package install will also trigger an unusual path.

So, a substring match on the binary name is the only way to go...

--Pat