Two ideas

I am a F-spot user, GNU software enthusiastic managing more than 1700 photos right now. I expected to manage in the next year my complete album of about 4000.
This job is for domestic use.

1. Geographic issues:

I use many TAGs under "location", countries->federal division->City/Town names or things like that.
I have right now more than 100 combinations.
It will be ideal to be able to add new locations with an interfaces such like the "gnome-calendar-add location" GUI dialogue. In addition, it will be ideal to automatic add a icon to each location (coat of arms, flag or something like that). The system can take them on request from wikipedia/wikicommons.
Obviously, integration with GPS data of the photos when available will be very gut.

2. Wikimedia Commons

I like to share with a free licence such photos that are usefull to Wikipedia. It will be very good to have a plug in that will be able to call the wikicommons category system or something similar in order to manage such photos and in order to direct upload them. For example integration with the software "Commonist" or a better one if available.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Tools/Commonist

Is there a wiki in the official site where I can discuss such themes?
Obviously I can help in this tasks.

Regards