Re: f-spot good enough for 22k+ photos?

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius gmail com> wrote:
> On 15 May 2010 15:14, Robert Latest <boblatest googlemail com> wrote:
>> BTW, the rest of f-spot looks pretty good from what I've been able to
>> test. But it is very, very sluggish. This is a 512MB 2GHz AMD machine.
>
> I would suggest getting more RAM, I would not recommend editing and
> managing photos without at least 2 Gb RAM nowadays.

Only if the software involved is programmed inefficiently (as f-spot
may very well be). I don't see the point in slowing down the importing
of images by displayign them all as thumbnails. If f-spot really tries
to keep thousands of thumbnails in memory while updating imported
images -- well I don't know.

robert