Re: Planned features of the new DB code?

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 23:11 +0200, Simon Lindgren wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I've been using F-Spot for a while now, I've been following the list for
> a few months and I've got a database of about 5k photos. I'm very happy
> to see that there is some solid development activity and especially that
> the EXIF time bug has been solved.
>
> What I have always missed in F-Spot is the ability to connect to a
> database server for the metadata and to some remote folder (sshfs?) for
> the images. I was wondering if the new DB code will bring such a feature
> closer to reality, or is it a rewrite designed to work with SQLite only?

I won't say that we're exactly going to do that, but connecting to a
home server and syncing photos there is exactly one of those scenarios
that will be much easier once we have restructured our architecture
(ditto for external (removable) hard drive support).