Existing sidecar files cause crash
- From: Dougie Nisbet <dougie highmoor co uk>
- To: f-spot-list <f-spot-list gnome org>
- Subject: Existing sidecar files cause crash
- Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:56:06 +0100
With some cameras (like my Nikon Coolpix S600) the exif data seems to be
FUBAR. (Although gthumb can rotate jpegs where f-spot refuses to).
I have f-spot configured to write tags to the file itself. When f-spot
can't do this, for whatever reason, it attempts to create a sidecar file
(I wish it wouldn't).
If files are imported into f-spot and a corresponding .xmp file exists
for that file, f-spot crashes. (an XMP file may exist because of
previous import followed by export followed by Delete Files from Drive.
- come to think of it, it's probably Delete Files From Drive that's not
deleting sidecar files.)
sorry for scrappy hasty report. I've noticed this a few times. Will log
a decent bug report when I have time.
] [Thread Prev