Tagging auto-completion

Has there been a change of behaviour for tabbing and tagging?

When I tag pictures I often use TAB to autocomplete, but what seems to be happening now is that when I hit <return> the tabbing is deemed to be finished. I may want to add more tags and usually do. I had a feeling, although I could be wrong, that the behaviour used to be something like:

Press 'T'
Start typing a few characters
press TAB to cycle through matches
press <return> when match found.

What I thought used to happen was that when a match was found and <return> was pressed, the cursor went to the end of the tag list and allowed more typing. What happens now is that I need to press 'T' again. When tagging a lot of photos this is a bit long-winded.

I may have 'misremembered' this, if so, apologies, but I'm sure there was a way of entering a list of tags in combination with auto-completion.

Dougie