Re: F-spot and Banshee

On do, 2009-07-23 at 09:50 -0400, Jean Levasseur wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've read some days ago the blog of Aaron Bockover about Banshee 2.0
> (and f-spot)
> (http://abock.org/2009/07/14/exciting-updates-on-the-road-to-banshee-2-0).  I've been waiting for f-spot developper's view on all this but didn't find any (maybe I was not looking to the right places...).
>
> What are the plans for F-spot with all this?  Is there any real
> advantages?  Disadvantages? What are they?
>
> I'm asking out of pure curiosity.  I've seen in the code that F-Spot
> is already using some Banshee components.  Is it it?  Or the plans are
> to become a "photo frontend/component" of Banshee itself?
>
> I'd love to have the insight of developpers on all that.

This is certainly no official statement (such a statement doesn't exist
yet), but F-Spot and Banshee will *always* remain separate applications,
as they have a different focus. F-Spot will not become a module inside
Banshee and this is also not what abock intends to do. The proposal is
mostly whether or not we should build F-Spot and Banshee on top of a
common library.

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.savanne.be/