Re: F-Spot freezes - makes using impossible

>>Hello folks,
>>
>>f-spot constantly freezes if I am changing from the overview to the one
>>picture view and click on next image. The next image is viewed (not
>> sharp)
>>and then it hangs.
>>
>>It just hangs - without any error message.
>>
>>In the past I was using f-spot successfully. The problem seems to occur
>>since I am using ubuntu intrepid or the newer(?) version of f-spot
>>(0.5.03).
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>TC
>
> This sounds like a problem with your video driver. What chipset is
> your video card, and what video driver are you using?
>
> You may want to try running F-spot with compositing disabled and see
> if that works.
>
> Mark

I am using a proprietary driver by nvidia (version 177).

lspci:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [GeForce Go
7400] (rev a1)

What means "with compositing disabled"? Is it about 3D effects? I have
tried with and without 3D effects by disabling in my gnome menu under
ubuntu: system|...

TC