Re: F-Spot freezes - makes using impossible

< snip >

> > I am using the same version of F-Spot with fully updated Ubuntu 8.10 and
> > have not noticed any problems yet. Could you please say what you mean by
> > overview and the one picture view and I will try to reproduce the
> > freeze.
>
> If you have not noticed any problems yet - I guess you will not be able
> to reproduce my freeze.
>
> But I will describe it one more time: In f-spot you can switch between
> two views - the overview where you can see many pictures, and the
> picture view where you can just see one picture. The overview seems to
> work fine for me. If I change to the picture view it still seems to
> work. But if I then go to the next picture it freezes.

Right, I understand. There is the browse screen with lots of pictures
and then there is the view edit screen with one picture and arrows to
move from one picture to another. I have just checked and I am able to
move along the strip of pictures without any freeze. I also tried
clicking on a picture at random in the browse screen and then going to
the view edit screen. The selected picture came up and then I could move
either way along the strip, no freeze. The pictures I am looking at are
RAW but I don't suppose that matters. Perhaps someone will be able to
come up with a clue.

Norman