Re: F-Spot --view

Just forwarding to the mailing list

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 22:04 +0100, zekopeko wrote:
>> Considering that Ubuntu wants to use it for basic image manipulation I
>> was thinking that making it quick image viewer editor might be a good
>> idea. Picasa does this and it's rather nice being able to do
>> everything with one application.
>>

>> Currently when I open an image with F-spot --view it doesn't display
>> the toolbar and the sidebar and I have to turn them on every time
>> since it doesn't remember the last setup on the next start.
>> To fix this IMO it should show the toolbar by default and have in it
>> the icons for Edit, Sidebar, Next/Previous Image etc. Mimic EOGs
>> toolbar more closely.
>
> fixed days ago:
> http://blog.reblochon.org/2009/11/unleash-your-f-spot-toolbox.html

I was aware of that. Great work but this only covers the editing part.
Is the features set of EOG going to be mimicked into F-spot --view? I'm
referring to the toolbar and general features one would expect from an
image viewer. F-spot --view is lacking in this regard.

The current plan for Lucid is to use EOG and have and editing button
or something that will open F-spot --view in editing mode. This isn't
the optimal solution IMO.

I think that you would be doing a service to users of various distros
if you made F-spot --view into F-spot Image Viewer.

>> It also doesn't display all the pictures in the current folder but
>> only the ones that were given to it as an argument. So another thing
>> to fix.
>
> ubuntu has a patch for it, but they need to upstream it.

Awesome!