Re: Re: Re: Open Canon RAW files with GIMP

Develop in UFRaw will create a jpeg file - which is a lossy format. When I edit this file in GIMP and save it as jpeg again, there will be even more information lost.

On the other hand, I could first create a lossless tif or png file in UFRaw, edit this file in GIMP and save it as jpeg. But that leads to the same problem I mentioned before: F-Spot will not know the jpeg file unless it will be imported manually. Instead I will have even two useless tif (or png) files.

My intention is to create a jpeg file directly out of a RAW file inside F-Spot. "Develop in UFRaw" is great, but there are still some features missing in UFRaw (e.g. sharpening), so I need GIMP additionally.

What is exactly your reasoning behind not using "Develop with UFRaw"
menu item in image's own context menu and then editing it with GIMP?
:)

Alexandre