Re: Hang --> crash when quitting

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org> wrote:
> How can I debug my problem? At the moment, I'm getting a ton of "open
> uri" messages followed by a "segmentation fault (core dumped)"
> message. Entire output: http://pastebin.ca/1197508

I can't see any segfault in that trace...

Damn, I'm no good at this game. :P After that output, my terminal showed (but apparently wasn't directed to my log) the following: "zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)". But it didn't show within Mono, which is a bit irksome.

> All I did there was open F-Spot, double-click on a tag to select it,
> drag the tag off of the Find bar to show all my photos, then let
> F-Spot sit for a few minutes. At this point, it seems to be doing a
> lot of background work (updating thumbnails perhaps?), but it's hard
> to tell. Once I quit it, segfault.

are you using svn or a released version ? the segfault at the end is
more than probably due to the fact that until a few we weren't
Gtk.Application.Quit() correctly. In recent code, we should be closing
all the threads then calling Gtk.Application.Quit ()

I'm running 0.4.4 (packaged on Ubuntu Intrepid/8.10). I'm willing (and able :) to test in SVN if that would be helpful.

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net