Re: New location for db and other config files

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 14:29 +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Since SVN r4527, the folder where f-spot keeps its db and other
> configurations stuffs (like extensions) is no longer ~/.gnome2/f-spot
> but follows the XDG recommandation: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/f-spot, or
> ~/.config/f-spot if XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not set.

For the record, I still think that the photos.db should be kept with the
photos repository as a "package".  That would solve some of the shared
"family photo album" problems that exist, as well as making it pretty
easy to just give somebody an f-spot photo album, lock-stock-and-barrel.

Maybe this behaviour can be optional in that if the photos.db is located
in the folder that f-spot is finding the photos, it uses that in
preference to the "personal" one.

b.