Re: Removing exif data using a filter

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 20:30 +0200, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 05/10/2008 alle 02.29 -0400, Daniel Falk ha scritto:
> > I'm interesting in making an export addin that uploads a low-res image.
> > I want this file to be as small as possible.  Therefore I want the exif
> > data stripped out of the file.  Is this possible with the current
> > Filters that are available?  If not, what is the best way of doing this?
>
> please check, most of the exporters allow to strip metadata from files.

I only see a couple.  Flickr and 23hq, yet the checkbox doesn't seem to
do anything.  After tracking down the code, I see it reads the checkbox
value for stripping metadata into a private bool variable called
copy_metadata, which it then doesn't do anything with.  Please show me
if I am missing something.

Can anyone point me directly to code that is stripping exif data or
outline the general idea of how it should be done?