Sharing attempt: Access denied to path in Ubuntu 8.04

I'm trying to set up shared photos and database with my wife. Based on
recommendations I read in the archives, I created a new group (fspot)
and added both myself and my wife to the group. I changed the group on
the Photos folder and the photos.db file to fspot.

I started f-spot as my wife with `f-spot -p /home/todd/Photos` and it
would let me pick a folder to import--even the Photos folder in my
home directory. When I started it (again as my wife) with `f-spot -p
/home/todd/Photos -b /home/todd/.gnome2/f-spot` it gave the error that
the access to the photos.db folder was denied. The specific output is
below.

What do I need to set the permissions to to get sharing to work?

Thanks much,

Todd

BaseDirectory is now /home/todd/.gnome2/f-spot
PhotoDirectory is now /home/todd/Photos
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"/home/todd/.gnome2/f-spot" is denied.
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path)
[0x00000]
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000]
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Create
()
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path)
[0x00000]
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000]
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Create
()
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path)
[0x00000]
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Addins.AddinRegistry.CreateHostAddinsFile (System.String
hostFile) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Addins.AddinManager.Initialize (System.String configDir)
[0x00000]
  at FSpot.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]